Here is a delicious, healthy idea for dinner!
This is my Peanut-free, spicy Satay Sauce drizzled over a combination of organic BBQ’d vegetables💚
Satay Sauce Ingredients
1 large Onion
1 cup of Cashews
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1-2 teaspoons of Chili flakes or fresh Chili
1/2 cup of Coconut Cream
2 cloves of Garlic
1 level teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1 1/2 cup of Spring Water
1. Fry a finely diced onion in a little coconut oil until its soft, then place in a high powered blender.
2. Lightly roast the cashews in the oven at 170c for about 10 minutes ensuring they don’t burn then add to the blender. Roasting the nuts gives the sauce a beautiful nutty flavour.
3. Add the Lime juice, Chili flakes, Coconut Cream, Garlic, Celtic Sea Salt and 1 cup of Spring water to the blender. Start blending and observe how thick the mixture is, you may need to add the other 1/2 cup of Spring water, add as needed and blend until smooth. Ideally, you want to adjust the amount of water until you have a thick but pourable Satay sauce👌.
Shish Kebab Ingredients 🍢
Use any of your favourite vegetables, I used:
1. Cut them into 2-3cm square pieces, cherry tomatoes leave whole, firmer vegetables like sweet potato, pumpkin, eggplant and squash will require steaming first to slightly soften them so they easily slide on the bamboo skewers and so they aren’t too hard to eat.
2. Once you cut the vegetables and steam them (if required), slide piece by piece of your favourite combinations on bamboo skewers and then place them on a tray.
3. I like to then cook my Shish Kebabs on the BBQ grill to get that yummy smokey flavour (you can also cook them in a standard home grill). I cook them gently and keep turning them until they have a nice roasted look.
4. Once they are ready, place them on a plate and drizzle the Spicy Satay Sauce over them, then serve and enjoy!!